ADA Rider's Guide and Application
Gateway Paratransit ADA Riders Guidelines
1. Complementary paratransit service is operated by Gateway Transit. The fleet of buses and vans are lift-equipped. All Gateway paratransit applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their ability to use these accessible buses or vans. Your eligibility for service may be denied or terminated upon a determination by the GATEWAY Transit that you are able to use these accessible vehicles.
2. Only YOU can use your GATEWAY PARATRANSIT ID card. You are responsible for scheduling all trips. GATEWAY�S contact information is below.
Telephone: 736-1374 TDD 1-800-735-2962 and ask to be connected to 1-919-736-1374
Reservation required: Prior day, by 2:30 PM
You MUST be ready to leave one hour before the scheduled appointment.*
3. Only curb-to-curb service is provided by GATEWAY. Drivers are not able to assist you, except to operate the wheelchair lift on Lift vans. If you require any additional help, you must provide your own attendant. If the attendant is required on your application, he or she will be transported free when you ride. If your application requires that you have an attendant, you must have one with you every time you use the service. One guest may ride with you at all times, and on a space-available basis. You must make a reservation and pay an extra fee ($2.00) for all guests, except for Personal Care Attendants (PCA) as approve during certification.
4. You must show the driver your GATEWAY PARATRANSIT ID CARD prior to boarding the vehicle. Any increases in the fixed-route bus fare will affect the Paratransit rate.
5. Service hours are Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 6:30 pm and Saturday, 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. Service is NOT available on Sundays or Holidays. During inclement weather, please listen to local radio and T.V. stations or call GATEWAY for cancellations or changes in service.
6. Your origin and destination must be within three-quarters of a mile of an existing bus route. It is your responsibility to be sure that your trip is eligible. Please call GATEWAY Transit if you have any questions.
7. Each destination is a trip. If you leave home and go to the mall, that is considered as one trip. If you leave the mall and go to the grocery store, that is a second trip. Returning home would be a third trip. Each trip will cost $2.00. Drivers are not responsible for carrying packages.