Requirements for Applying for a Well Permit
This policy addresses how to apply for a private water supply well permit through the Wayne County Environmental Health Department Office. The following application requirements are detailed in Wayne County Well Regulations. Click here to download application.
Applicant shall submit the following for a private water supply well permit:
- Owner’s name
- Owner’s mailing address
- Owner’s phone number
- Location of property
Site plan shall also include:
- All easements, including utility easements
- All structures or proposed structures, including but not limited to:
- A residence
- Existing or proposed wastewater systems
- Existing or proposed wells, springs, or water lines
- Out buildings
- Any surface waters or designated wetlands, chemical or petroleum storage tanks above or below ground.
There is $225 fee for the private water supply permit.