Child Day Care
Subsidized childcare services are provided to families that express a need for childcare and who have been determined eligible for services.
In order to qualify for childcare services, the family must meet the need and income eligibility criteria (unless the child is receiving foster care services, or childcare is needed to support child welfare services or child protective services).
Most families are required to pay a percentage of the childcare cost based upon their countable monthly income. The percentage depends on the number of people in the family. There is one fee for families receiving subsidized childcare, regardless of the number of children in care.
How to Apply
There is currently a waiting list in Wayne County for customers who wish to apply for Subsidized Child Care. If you wish to be placed on the waiting list, you must complete the attached form and return to The Wayne County Department of Social Services.
- Due to COVID-19, face-to-face interviews are waived at this time. Applicants are encouraged to complete the waiting list form online by clicking the link below.
- Request the waiting list form be mailed to you by calling 919-580-4034.
- Pick up the waiting list form located at the entrance of The Department of Social Services, 301 N Herman Street, Goldsboro, NC.
Completed forms can be mailed to 301 N Herman St. Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530 or dropped in the Social Services mail drop box located in the parking lot of Wayne County Department of Social Services at 301 N Herman St., Goldsboro, NC 27530. You will be contacted via mail once your name comes up on the waiting list.
For More Information Contact: 919-580-4034
What You Will Need
- Alien - INS documentation
- School schedule
- Social security numbers
- Verification of income to include last 8 weeks pay stub