Food & Nutrition Services
The Food and Nutrition Services Program (formerly Food Stamps) is a federal program that provides a monthly allotment of food assistance via Electronic Benefit Transfer cards (debit cards) to individuals and households to help them to buy the food they need for a nutritional diet. Households are issued a card to pay for their groceries at participating stores using the card at the checkout counter. Benefits cannot be used to purchase tobacco, pet food, paper products, soap products, or alcoholic beverages.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- You must be a US Citizen or qualified legal immigrant
- You must have, or have applied for, a Social Security Number
- You must meet the income and reserve requirements
You can check to see if you are eligible online now at https//epass.nc.gov
You can also check to see if you are eligible using the gross income table at: http://www2.ncdhhs.gov/dss/foodstamp/index.htm
WAYS TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://epass.nc.gov/ or complete online and print out and mail into Social Services at: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps
- You may also request that an application be mailed to you by calling 919-580-4034.
- Applications can be dropped off in the Social Services mail drop box located in the parking lot of Wayne County Social Services at 301 N Herman St, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Or you may
- Apply in person at the Wayne County Dept. of Social Services located on the 4th Floor at 301 N Herman St Goldsboro NC 27530.
- Applications are taken between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday (except holidays)
FNS Recertification and Changes: Report changes to 919-731-1126. FNS Recertification documents must be returned by the due date. Documents can be mailed in, dropped off using the Social Services drop boxes located outside of the DSS building, or dropped off at the receptionist area on the 4th floor of the DSS building. ”
ABAWDS: Effective July 1, 2016 the Food and Nutrition Program will be implementing a policy as required by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). This policy is known as able-bodied adults without dependent children (ABAWD). This policy applies to individuals who are 18 years of age through age 49, who are physically and mentally fit and those who are included in a food and nutrition household that does not have a child under age 18. Individuals who do not meet an allowable exemption will be limited in the number of months they can receive FNS benefits.
For more information or to report Program Fraud contact: 919-580-4034
How do I request an EBT card replacement? Call EBT Edge 888-622-7328