Personnel Action Form Instructions
Procedure for Personnel Action Form
The process for the Personnel Action Form (PAF) is changing to better serve all parties involved. It has been divided into three forms: Personnel Requisition Form, Personnel Action Form, and the Employee Change Form for Network Access.
The first form, the Personnel Requisition Form (PRF) is used to ensure that the position is approved by the Board of Commissioner and the budget for the position is available. A Personnel Requisition Form must be completed for any of the following situations:
- Vacant position
- New position
- Promotion request
- Reclassification request
- Merit request
- Certification request
The second form, the Personnel Action Form (PAF) must be completed for any of the following situations:
- New Hire
- Merit increase
- Certification increase
- Transfer (equal or lesser pay does not require Personnel Requisition Form)
The third form, the Employee Change Form for Network Access is required when an employee is hired, transfers positions, or when an employee separates. Once an employee arrives, transfers or leaves, their computer, email, data and phone access changes. This form is designed to capture all the information needed to make the appropriate changes accurately and in a timely manner. When a new employee starts, I.T. requires the information as soon as possible to prepare for their arrival. It is also important after an employee leaves to notify I.T. in order to secure computer and email accounts for the integrity of county information.
The following is an example of the step by step process of hiring:
- Complete Requisition Form. Offer of compensation can only be made up to the approved amount. If extending an offer above budgeted salary, another requisition and/or budget amendment will be required.
- Advertise and interview once requisition is approved.
- Position may be offered with contingencies. Final pre-employment screenings (work steps, drug test, background check, etc.).
- Complete PAF.
- Complete the Employee Change Form for Network Access.
The following is an example of separation process:
- Employee resigns or separates.
- Manager completes PAF.
- Manager completes the Employee Change Form for Network Access.