Child Care Health Consultation
Health Services Team Responsibilities
The Child Care Health Consultation program works with providers and parents of children ages 0-5 years of age in Wayne County centers and homes.
The team focuses on preventive health education, consultation, health assessments, health screenings (hearing, vision, dental, and development) and provides referral and follow up for appropriate services. In addition, the Health Service Team will provide the child care providers and parents educational material and workshops on health and disease prevention.
Our goal is to ensure every child has access to comprehensive medical care and help child care facilities improve the quality of health for children in their facilities.
- Assist parents with referrals for abnormal screening results and to access needed services in the community
- Assure that all children have access to health care
- Evaluate immunization records and follow-up to ensure all children receive appropriate vaccinations
- Preventive health education
Day Care Provider Benefits
- Conduct health and safety assessments at day care centers and assist providers with developing health policies.
- Offer training on:
- Age-appropriate behaviors
- Common Childhood Illnesses
- Daycare Safety
- Goal setting
- Hand washing
- Signs and symptoms of child abuse/neglect in young children
- Stress management
- Time Management
- Provide health and safety fact sheets and brochures.
- Provide technical assistance and preventive health services as requested.
- Provide telephone and on-site consultation regarding health and safety issues.
- Provide training on health, developmental and emotional issues.
Who Do I Call?
Please call 919-580-4041
Child Care Center Resources
Looking for a quality child care center for your child?
Visit the North Carolina Division of Child Development Web Site. This site provides information about all licensed Child Care centers and homes in North Carolina. They also provide current information on their Sanitation Ratings, type of license and other valuable information about the centers.
Funding for this program provided by Smart Start